Varicose veins occur when the veins in the human body become enlarged, dilated, and overfilled with blood. The veins appear swollen and raised, have a bluish-purple or red colour and are often painful. It is a common condition in women.
Causes of varicose veins
Varicose veins occur when the veins fail to function. Veins have one-way valves that prevent blood from flowing backward, and when these valves fail, blood begins to collect in the veins rather than continuing towards the heart.’
Some potential causes for varicose veins include:
3. Age over 50
4. Standing for long periods
6. Family history of varicose veins
The primary symptoms of varicose veins are visible on the legs. Some may have pain, swelling, heaviness, or even achiness over or around the enlarged veins. In severe cases, if the veins bleed significantly, ulcers can form.
Varicose veins treatment includes self-care measures, compression stockings, and surgeries or procedures. Treating varicose veins is often done as an outpatient procedure, hence, the patients can go home on the same day.
Self-care – exercise and raising the legs when sitting or lying can help ease the pain of varicose veins and might prevent them from getting worse.
Wearing compression stockings the whole day is the first approach to try. It squeezes the legs, helping veins and leg muscles move blood more efficiently. These are available at most pharmacies.
Doctors even recommend surgery or other procedures like:
1. Sclerotherapy – In this procedure, the health care provider injects the varicose veins with a solution or foam that scars and closes those veins. Within a few weeks, the treated varicose veins fade.
2. Laser treatment – Varicose veins laser treatment in Chennai provides laser treatment by bursting light onto the vein, which makes the vein slowly fade and disappear. It does not require any cuts or needles.
3. Catheter-based procedures using radiofrequency or laser energy – Besides laser treatment for varicose veins in Chennai, this procedure is the preferred treatment for larger varicose veins. A thin tube (catheter) is inserted into an enlarged vein and heats the tip of the catheter using either radiofrequency or laser energy. When the catheter is removed, the heat destroys the vein, causing it to collapse and seal shut. When people search for a varicose vein clinic near me, they often get the names of the clinic that provide this kind of surgery.
- Lifestyle and home remedies :
- Moving or walking is a great way to encourage blood flow in the legs. Hence, the doctors recommend an appropriate activity level.
- Managing weight or shedding excess pounds takes unnecessary pressure off the veins.
- Avoiding salt or following a low-salt diet to prevent swelling caused by water retention.
- Choosing proper footwear and avoiding high heels is better for the veins.
- Avoiding long periods of sitting or standing and changing position frequently encourages blood flow.
Hence, if you are looking for a suitable remedy laser treatment for varicose veins in Chennai is considered the best for its quality and safety procedure.