Varicose veins are enlarged, twisted veins that most commonly appear in the legs. They occur when the valves in the veins that help blood flow in one direction fail, causing blood to back up and pool in the vein. It can cause the vein to become enlarged, twisted, and painful. Varicose veins can also lead to other serious health problems, such as blood clots, ulcers, and skin changes. Hence, it is imperative to get the best vein treatment in Chennai at the earliest possible.
Unfortunately, varicose veins are a chronic condition that can worsen over time. Even after treatment in the best hospital for vein problem, you may find them growing again. It is known as post-operative neovascularization. These new veins have no valves which cause the varicose veins to come back.
Cause of reoccurrence
Several factors can contribute to the reoccurrence of varicose veins after treatment.
- 1. One of the most common is simply genetics. If you have a family history of varicose veins, you are more likely to develop them yourself.
- 2. One common cause is repeated injury to the area. Other causes can include an injury to the leg that disrupts the valves inside the vein. If you injure your leg or foot, it can damage the valves in your veins and cause them to become weak or damaged.
- 3. It can also be due to an increase in weight that stresses your veins, causing them to rupture and develop varicose veins.
- 4. Another factor is pregnancy. The reason being is that it can put a great deal of stress on your veins. Pregnancy leads to weight gain, which can cause an increase in the pressure inside your veins.
- 5. It can also happen if you are standing for long periods.
- 6. Finally, some people may be prone to varicose veins because of the structure of their blood vessels. For example, people with deep venous reflux are more likely to develop varicose veins than others.
If your varicose veins have reoccurred, you will require the best varicose vein treatment in Chennai. There are a few different varicose vein issue solution available, and the best one for you will depend on the severity of your condition. Some of the most common treatments include:
- 1. Wear compression stockings. It can help reduce the amount of swelling and discomfort.
- 2. Take regular breaks during extended periods of sitting or standing.
- 3. Elevating your legs reduces swelling and improves your blood flow.
- 4. Regular exercise and cardiovascular activity help to strengthen the muscles in the legs and thighs which support your veins.
For severe cases, surgeries or alternative methods are recommended:
- 1. Sclerotherapy is a medical treatment that involves injecting a solution into the vein, which causes the vein to collapse and fade away.
- 2. Varicose veins laser treatment in Chennai is another treatment. It uses lasers to heat up and destroy the vein.
Hence, varicose veins can reoccur after treatment for various reasons. While there is no guaranteed way to prevent varicose veins from returning, patients can take measures to reduce their risk and get the best treatment.